CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 8

"Lunch Break"

I need to be honest with you, the web wide web (not that my blog is by any means popular) . . . I have been a terrible sport this week. Monday was amazing. I got to spend time with my adopted family and church family peeps. I decided at 9:30 Monday evening that I don't want to go to "work" this week. I wanted time to freeze time to sulk in the moment. The fireworks burst while I laid in the hammock with my friend's adorable 5 year old, I begged God to let it last. (The fireworks did seem longer that Independence Day.) But, alas, Tuesday morning came.

Do not get me wrong, I love my job. I love the children. It is incredible that I get to do this (and get paid to do it).

Time is going too fast. I want to just rest. I want to be able to chill in a hammock. I want to have hours of conversation with friends. So I began whining, in my own in head, "I have to do this and do that . . . and have energy to, of course, do that." I was not being very obedient to my Lord this week.

I have been half-heartedly trying to psyche myself in to being excited about the next two weeks. (For real, I have the opportunity to share with 100+ children the love of God and make incredible memories.) My volunteers the next two week "don't care" how tired I am or why I am tired. Because it is not about me! The beginning to one of the Bible Stories I will be sharing next week is, "I am so glad you are here today. I am so excited to share with about the amazing God I love and follow. I am want to share with you about God and all things He has done and about how much Jesus loves you." (Something like that.) I pretty much failed that one when I went to present my presentation for feedback this morning. She asked me, "Do you really want the kids to get it?"  

"Well, of course."

Basically, she replied, "Then prove it to me. Because what I am seeing now is not going to work." Later she said to me, "Today is going to be fun."

My mental response was, "Liar!" (all dramatic like) "Do you know what I have to do this day? And it is Friday! I did not finish my to do list . . . Are you trying to hypnotize me?" Verbal response, "What?"

"Today is going to be fun."

Dude. Valid. My attitude had made my week dreadful. In 2 Corinthians 10:3-7, it states:

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.7 Do you look at things according to the outward appearance? If anyone is convinced in himself that he is Christ’s, let him again consider this in himself, that just as he is Christ’s, even so weare Christ’s.


Therefore this weekend I shall "die to myself (to my selfish desires)" and be transformed by the renewing of my mind. For this life is not mine, I chose to give it up. "To live is Christ and to die is gain." - Wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones