CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 23

The Fire Hydrant Speaks

As I drove to the coffee shop today, I was delighted to see synchronized driving of two garbage trucks. The child in me greatly enjoys the simple pleasures like cars moving perfectly together like the a marching band during the halftime show at a football game. Today, I am humbled by the sight of God gently orchestrating creation - the trees fluttering in the Oklahoma breeze, the birds gliding like ballet dancers across the plainly decorated stage, the sun's understanding warmth on this brisk spring day, and the sweet taste of cafe sua da that warms my heart with placidity. How I am reminded of God's love for His creation as I am able to just be still and enjoy basking in His goodness.

I asked last night after two major changes in my life, "Lord, what do you have in store for me?" There was a great peace than came upon me before, during, and after changes became known that provoked me in a sweet calmness to ask this of my Lord. I felt as if I should have wanted cry and wimper notes of fear. Though I had no need to fear as the peace of the Holy Spirit came upon my innermost being. The weight on my soul had been lifted. The load I felt I must bear - gone. The freedom in Christ renewed my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Romans 12:1-2, "Therefore I urge you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your Spiritual act of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

I shall continue to ask, "Lord, what do you have in store for me? For I know it is beautiful." I love that song that says, "You make beautiful things out of us (or dust)." ((I am terrible with remembering lyrics.))

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones