CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 15

Guess Where I Am?

Yes, I am at Ihop again, with the same server, doing the same thing.

I revel (not the loud, drunken kind) in days where things just go smoothly.  For me that was today. However, yesterday is quite a different story! I know not to ask for patience and grace as components for personal growth. (I write that in jest.) In Proverbs 12:1 "Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is a fool." After the chaos of my Wednesday, there was much that needed to discussed. There was a time in my life that I would have wanted to runaway, hide and completely avoid facing the things that I could have differently to make life a bit easier. But this morning, was not that day. Having to see the defects and flaws in one's life causes discomfort, but how much more uncomfortable is not being shown how to improve. It would be silly to say "I have been doing this for 50 years" and finding out that for 50 years you had been doing it wrong, when someone could have simply corrected you.

Don't get me wrong, here. I do not think we should go around inappropriately revealing the flaws of all we come across. But when you are humbly blessed with a situation that allows for you to help someone become a better person, TAKE the opportunity. The fear of someone being a little upset is not a good enough reason. One my favorite things about my boss is that she corrects me. Yes, it is embarrassing to make a mistake. Having your faults pointed out make you vulnerable, understandable. Think about this, what if your pants were unzipped and no one told you. Then you had to do something in front of a large group of people. The embarrassment factor just increase substantially. Or a splinter: it hurts to remove a split, for a moment, but the taking care of it correctly keeps the wound from getting worse. Now I am still not a perfect person after having been shown my faults, but let's hope I am better person for it.

BTW This time I worked on my lesson plans before getting on the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones